Arq are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
To that end, we have prepared this privacy statement to disclose and describe our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website
1 – What Does This Policy Cover?
2 – Your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
• The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
• The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 10);
• The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 12);
• The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 4 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 12);
• The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
• The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
• The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
• Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 12 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
3 – What Data Do We Collect?
• Email address
• IP address;
• web browser type and version;
• operating system;
• a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
4 – How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to the arq newsletter), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
• Replying to emails from you;
• Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any emails we send you;
• Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
• IP Address, Geographical and Non-personally identifiable data is stored for a maximum of 2 years.
• Email address and Personal name data is stored for as long as you remain subscribed to our newsletter.
5 – How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 4, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
• All non-personally identifiable data is stored with Google and collected via cookies outlined in section 11.
• All personal data is collected and stored by MailChimp (operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC), who provide mailing services to us so that we can send e-mail communications to you ARQ.
MailChimp’s servers are located in the United States [and in other countries outside the EEA]. Mailchimp provide high levels of data protection outlined here: https://mailchimp.com/about/security/
6 – Do We Share Your Data?
We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes other than outlined in Section 5.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates and partners. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where We transfer any personal data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR:
• MailChimp (operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC), who provide mailing services to us so that we can send e-mail communications to you ARQ. MailChimp’s servers are located in the United States [and in other countries outside the EEA]. Mailchimp provide high levels of data protection outlined here: https://mailchimp.com/about/security/
7 – What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted by following the unsubscribe/update your details link provided in the email communciation.
8 – How Can You Control Your Data?
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
9 – Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access all areas of Our Site without providing any personally identifiable data. However, to subscribe to our email newsletter you will be required to submit or allow for the collection of your email address and name.]
10 – How Can You Access Your Data?
Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com or using the contact details below in section 12.
Our Site does not currently place first party Cookies on your computer or device. First party Cookies are those placed directly by Us and are used only by Us.
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google.
Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it.You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
|Cookie||Name||Duration of storage||Purpose of the cookies|
|Google Analytics||_ga||2 years||These cookies are used to build up information for the Analytics service run by Google. They allow us to run reports on how the website is accessed, what pages are visited, and traffic sources to send visitors to the AlpInvest website. The information stored in these cookies is non-personally identifiable.|
With respect to the Google Analytics cookies, please note that we have entered into a data processing agreement with Google that ensures that the last octet of your IP address is masked when we provide information to Google, that we do not use any other Google services in combination with Google Analytics cookies and that we do not share any data with Google for advertisement purposes. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
12 – Contacting Us
*Last updated: May 2018